The Eastern Shoshone Tribe will maintain the established CHR program for the continued improvement of the health care and health services to benefit eligible tribal members. The CHR program will develop a delivery system to provide better utilization of all health services by coordination and communication between the individual community members, the tribal administration and health resources. The tribe will research and study modules for home health care, accreditation of programs, reimbursement of Medicare/Medicaid; and coordinate its activities with other Tribal Health programs, local or state programs.
Overall goal is to provide comprehensive community health services that provides health maintenance activities for the community; provides a continuous assessment of the individual and community environment and resources of the community; provide measures to reduce or eliminate health hazards and endures safe and pleasant surroundings and provides leadership and participation in planning for effective community health service.
Activities in the following will be accomplished to improve the general health of the community:
- Prevention and intervention of chronic diseases to include but not limited to diabetes, cardiovascular and heart disease, and cancer.
- Diabetes Health Care
- Cardiovascular and Heart Disease
- Women’s Wellness-Breast and Cervical Cancer
- Men’s Wellness
- Health Promotion-Nutrition and Fitness
- Environmental Health Care and Support
- Emergency Preparedness
- Dialysis Health Support
- Administration and Training